Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Neighborhood feral kittens.

This is what happens when one cat in a colony is left unsterilized... you end up with more kittens!!
Although there are 5 kittens in this litter (three of which I know for sure are girls, just by their coloring), I had a limit of 3 cats for my spay appointments on Sunday (I like to take cats with me when I volunteer as the sterilization vet tech.... multitasking at its best!!). They were fairly easy to catch, and I hated to leave the others behind, but they'll get their sterilization and vaccinations soon enough!
It was also a little heartbreaking when we were leaving on Sunday morning for the event, and the kittens and mom not trapped were all waiting in my front yard watching for the three I caught. I hate that I can't explain to them what I'm doing, and why it's a good thing!!! But they've all been reunited now, and the others will learn the happy and healthy truth with round two of the trapping...!!


The little boy... such a loud cry baby!!
Girl #1... a feisty little calico!

Girl #2 ... quiet, but beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment