Monday, May 2, 2011

The Amazing Side of Humanity

With everything that is going on today I thought I'd share something I found that made me immensely happy, and restored some of my faith in humanity:

http://guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/

This organization works to find foster homes for soldiers pets when they are called to duty and can no longer care for them, and then reunites pet and owner upon the soldiers return. You can fill out an application to help foster an animal, or you can make donations directly to the organization. I encourage you all to read more about the group on their website, and help in any way you can (even with something as simple as an encouraging word!). Positive reinforcement goes a long way, and we definitely need more people like this in our world!!!


Their mission: Supporting our Military, Veterans, and their beloved Pets to ensure the pets are reunited with their owners following a deployment (combat or peace-keeping mission) in harm's way to fight the global war on terrorism or unforseen emergency hardship impacting their ability to retain their pet's ownership rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment