Monday, May 23, 2011

UM Spay Day

The spay day event was a success, although the UM cats weren't quite the majority I hoped they would be. I ended up only being able to trap 5 cats, which puts us at 5 more non-baby making cats on campus, but not 20 like I'd hoped.
We did end up sterilizing 53 cats total and I got to watch some of the surgeries, which was crazy cool. I also met a few more people on campus that want to help with the sterilization program so that was good news!

From now on though I will only be focusing on one or two cats a week, and taking them to be sterilized on Fridays since I'll be on summer hours soon. And the donated money that was not used for the cats this weekend will go to the ones I take in over the summer, to make sure they get the medicine they need as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment