Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Accidental Trapping

This rather large cat was an accidental trapping. I had left my dirty traps on the side of the house so I could clean them later, including this trap that is broken, and still this kitty managed to wonder inside and get itself trapped. Not sure what enticed it inside in the first place as there was no food and the trap wasn't even set (like I said, it was broken... the door doesn't snap closed all the way), but since there was no ear tip I couldn't in good conscience release the cat before sterilizing it. I've also never seen this cat before so who knows if I'd ever be able to trap it again... a chance I'm not willing to take.
Although I do not like to keep cats for more than 2 days tops before their sterilizations, this one will have to patiently wait for 3 days before the next sterilization event. I'm transferring the cat to my box trap temporarily so there will be more room to walk around, and in the meantime I'll be treating for fleas, worms and mange. The cat has a healthy appetite but isn't in the best shape, so I'm working on getting it back in top form before its sterilization and release.
Although this isn't something I planned on, it's a happy accident I'm willing to accept!!




I also originally thought this was a male, but now I'm not so sure. I've also started to get the feeling that this cat "belongs" to someone, although a person who does not take very good care of their furry friends. The cat is in bad shape, but is very friendly (I've been getting a lot of licks and purrs out of this one...). I guess I'll find out this afternoon at pick up if it's a boy or a girl, and there will be some more medicine and vaccines administered today to get this kitty up to par (it reminds me a lot of Fluffy Butt actually).


No comments:

Post a Comment