Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stockholm Syndrome

Accidentally trapped cat was released this morning, but apparently she didn't want to leave. I had to pick her up to move her outside the shed, and then she just sat there crying to go back in. I opened the door and she walked in and laid down on the floor, waiting for me to pet her, which of course I did. 
Finally she wondered out into the back yard and over to the side of the house where she was first trapped, so I thought she had decided to go home. No such luck. When I went back outside to clean the trap I saw Miss Priss over in the bushes in the backyard (you can kind of see her to the right of the big cactus plant, under the tree). As soon as she saw me she ran right up meowing for more attention. And as of 11am when I finally left for work, she was still sitting in the yard hanging out.
I'm not sure if she can't remember where she came from (although I don't really think that's true...) or if she just decided our house is better, but whatever the reason she seems to want to stick around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment