Monday, April 16, 2012

Love Cats

My awesome cousins in NYC decided after a recent visit to my house that they were ready to adopt a cat. They wanted one of mine, but since I didn't have any ready for adoption I put them in contact with my friend in Brooklyn who works in animal rescue as well. 

They originally wanted a tiny kitten like my James, but I talked them into a few "musts" for cat adoption. The first was they they must adopt two cats. Not being home all the time to give cats the proper attention they need and deserve requires that they have another source of playtime and love... with two cats in the house they're able to entertain each other, which not only means less work for the owner but also less destruction.
The other must was that they either needed to adopt two older cats, if they wanted specific colors, or they had to adopt black cats if they wanted kittens. Those two types are the least adopted, and knowing full well that older cats and black cats make some of the best pets, I wasn't going to let a great pair of pet parents slip by with anything but the best albeit least adopted. Any chance to save a life that's high risk is one I have to take!!

With those rules in mind they went to an adoption show my friend referred them to, and found an amazing pair of black kittens that needed a home. They're both males and are brothers, so going to the same home is fantastic for them!!!My cousins are absolutely in love with them, and are spoiling them beyond measure. It's really such a happy adoption story, and I love my daily pictures of the boys. Their names are Zeus and Zorro, and they're tiny little love bugs:)

At the adoption center... how could you not fall in love??
The boys showing off their love, comfort and happiness in their new home.
Doesn't get any cuter than that.


Snuggling with their new human.
They love their boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment