Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Calico Cat

Although I was aiming for three cats last weekend, I only ended up with one. Well, actually I ended up with four, but three of those were already sterilized (one of them, a male, wasn't neutered by me, which makes me happy to know there is someone else in the neighborhood sterilizing cats!!).

This little girl was very feral and scared, but it was a pretty quick turnaround with the trap-sterilize-release so she was back to her normal life within a short period of time. And now that's one less baby maker in the neighborhood (and one healthier cat).

While she was getting spayed she also got a dose of ivermectin to help with worms, mites and other possible pests common for feral cats, plus she got her vaccines!! While she may not have been very happy with me, she'll definitely be a happier cat once the meds kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment