Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I love Ellen

So Ricky Gervais and Alec Baldwin prompted me to learn more about other celebrities who are using their fame to help the animals. In doing so I learned a lot about Ellen that I didn't know, which only made me like her more. But really, how could you not like her??.... She's smart, she's funny, and she's kind.

In addition to all the things she does to help people (most recently her anti-bullying campaign, which is fantastic), she's also a vegan and animal lover / activist. Her website has a dedicated area for learning about veganism, how you can help animals, pet adoption and more - definitely something to check out!!

Ellen's Website

I love that she has links to actual animals up for adoption, and that she really is a crusader for those who need someone to stick up for them (animal and human alike). Sometimes animal rescue work can be disheartening and it's easy to feel overwhelmed, so it's refreshing to see that although there are a lot of people out there who do horrible things to animals, there are also a lot of people out there who care and do the right thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment