Wednesday, December 7, 2011

From Trap to Rescue... a kitten's story!

Could you say no to this face??
I didn't think so!!
 

One of the vet techs on the Meow Mobile spent Monday night also trapping cats near UM (there are a few houses across the street from campus that have many, many cats that cross back and forth from the homes to campus, etc.... needless to say a lot of kittens are born, and a lot of cats unnecessarily die crossing the busy street).  She ended up trapping ten, one of which was this little white kitten about 7 weeks old. He was scruffy and dirty, just the way I love them, so after I saw him in the clinic I knew I couldn't let him be returned to campus. I called in many favors and ended up getting the okay to send him to Maryland on the next trip (December 18th) on the assurance that I'd have him tested, vaccinated, cleaned up and socialized before then. 
So home with me he came. 
It's been less than a day, but already he'll sit in my lap and let me pet him, and as of late last night I actually even got some purrs!!! It's great progress, so I'm hoping he'll be a quick turnaround from feral to total lover!
It's a little hard to see in the pictures, but he's a white/cream color with an orange striped tail and orange ears... way too cute to not be adopted quickly!!!


Look at those orange ears!!


A little unsure still, but such a pretty kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment