Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Neighborhood Colony Cats

Since I wasn't able to trap 4 UM cats on Monday, I tried to make a dent in the feral colony on my street. I had managed to clean up the colony about 90%, but was meet with resistance from certain neighbors with the rest. Lo and behold, two new litters were born this fall!! So now I've got to essentially start over, but this time there will be no retreat!!!
Two of the four kittens I want to trap (about 4-5 months old) made their way into my traps effortlessly. They also have spent the entire time they've been in the traps rolling over, wanting to be pet, and just purring up a storm. Hopefully I can make them a little more tame before I put them back, so that if I need to catch them again it will be easy.

 This one (sorry for the bad picture, but he really doesn't stop moving) is the biggest lover.... not a single cry, only purrs!!
 

















This one, however, does cry for attention (but in a good way). He also has the start of a respiratory infection so he's getting treated for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment