Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pet Show Realities

I came to the pet show expecting to learn a little something, but what I learned was to expect nothing. The pet show, like most things, focused primarily on dogs and only had a small fraction dedicated to cats (who were also lumped in with ferrets and guinea pigs!). The show in general felt more like they were pushing products than sharing information on how to help the animals, but in all fairness there were quite a few adoption areas, including this one with a lot of adoptable cats... I found a few I would have wanted in my pre-freak show days:)



There was also a lecture on introducing cats to a household and how to deter unwanted behaviors, but it wasn't a lot of new information (if anything new at all). But I did meet a few people, and gathered a lot of pamphlets I hope to find a use for in the future (litter pan liners?). I also saw the Cat Network booth and was disappointed to find it unused.
All in all I at least learned that I never need to go to another one of these types of events ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment