Thursday, March 31, 2011

Prepping for the next wave...

I've started preparing for the next round of trapping by stocking up on feline medicines and vitamins for the ferals on campus (in additional to the usual stock piling of food and litter). I try to go the holistic route whenever possible, considering how many companies out there make products that do more harm than good, so I've been reading up on product reviews and nutritional information... never a really fun thing, but always a necessary thing.
For those of you in blogland who are interested in what products I use (all highly recommended), here's a brief list:

For kittens, I like to give them PetAg® Bene-Bac® Probiotic Pet Gel to help with digestion and strengthen their immune system. Bene-bac provides a concentration of seven beneficial live-culture probiotic digestive bacteria.

For the older cats I like to slip a little Nutri-Vet Probiotics with Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil into their food, for similar results as the bene-bac.

For general vitamins I use: Nu Cat-Chewable Supplement

Medicines I use are Ivermectin for mange (something a lot of these cats have), Pyrantel for worms, Terramycin for eye problems (usually associated with respiratory infections), and Clavamox for general antibiotics (also great with respiratory infections). Revolution is the best product to treat fleas, lice, mites and heart worms all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment