Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To Release or Not To Release... that is the question.

I released Alejandro last night (after giving him a name so I can keep these neighborhood ferals straight - and because I keep their medical records so names help), to his great happiness, but I still have the lucky black UM cat and Gremlin in the recovery ward. Gremlin will likely stay in one more day just to make sure she's alright (I figure she'll end up avoiding our house for a while...), but lucky black cat will hopefully be transported to his new home this evening. I was contacted by the interested student this afternoon about getting him (a PhD student who was already working to help the UM cats, so I know he's at least responsible), which means another successful rescue story to add to the list:)

I've also started communications with the University Facilities Office about funding for the spay/neuter program at UM.... looks like we'll get the help we need to help the UM cats!!


UPDATE:
Lucky black cat went to his new forever home last night. I know he'll be a happy kitty now that he's got full time love and care. He really was a sweet cat!
Also, Gremlin was released this morning (3/23). I guess now we play the waiting game to see if/when she shows up for food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment